I'm Yumi, a JEEPA certified English conversation coach.
It's fine weather today in Melbourne, Australia. It's 18 degrees.
How about the weather where you live?
Is it getting colder in the Northern Hemisphere?
Well, today I'm going to introduce a book called Unlimited Memory that I've been reading recently.
This is a western book, but the difficulty of the words is moderate.
It is a book about the methods of memorizing things.
Today, I will introduce one memory method from among them. It's a way to learn 12 words.
In this book, you remember 12 important words in life.
Remember the 12 words in a way called the Journey method.
The Journey method is a way to associate and remember an image with something in the rooms of your house.
For example, the following examples were mentioned in this book.
Room 1 Kitchen
Room 2 TV room:
Room 3 Bedroom
Room 4 Bathroom
Let's start with Room1 Kitchen 1 dishwasher.
The word 1) is Attitude. Associate this with 1–dishwasher.
Imagine someone with a very bad Attitude jumping into the dishwasher and washing away his bad attitude.
2) is Priority. Associate this with 2–fridge.
Imagine writing your Priority with a permanent marker on the fridge door.
3) is Health. Associate with 3–stove
Imagine a healthy bodybuilder making applesauce on a stove. Here, apples remind us of our health.
Next, we'll move to the room with the TV.
4) Associate Family with 4–chairs
Imagine your Family jumping on a chair. The more out of common sense it is, the better you can remember.
5) Associate Thoughts with 5–TV
Imagine a bubble of Thoughts coming out of the TV screen.
TV is a machine of thinking that affects our thoughts.
6) Associate a commitment with 6–exercise bike. Imagine your Commitment to exercising on an exercise bike.
Now, we are moving to the bedroom.
7) Associate Finances with 7–mirror. Imagine the bill comes out from the mirror. The mirror represents your productivity.
8) Associates Faith with 8–closet. Put something in the closet that represents your trust. Put The Faith on the shelf or hang it on a hanger etc...
9) Associate Relationships with 9–bed.. I'll leave this to your imagination.
The last room is the bathroom.
10) Associate Generosity with 10–bath. Here, imagine that Genie will get out of the bath and give you whatever you want. Genie represents Generosity.
11) Associate Values with 11–shower. Imagine a shower made of gold or gold water coming out. Gold has Values.
Finally 12) Associate Growth with 12–toilet. Imagine a tree growing out of the toilet.
Then, test it yourself. How many did you remember?
This method is in the 12 keys in Maxwell's book “Today Matters”.
I also tried it.
I'm not very good at remembering, but by using this way I could remember all 12 of them, and it seems to remain in my long-term memory. Great.
This method has been around since 2,500 years ago.
In this book, there are other ways to remember using parts of the body and to remember numbers with alphabets. The numbers are hard to remember, so the expectations for this method are very high.
I'm in the middle of reading it now.
Thank you very much for reading this to the end
That's it for today.
I hope you all have a good weekend.